Topic XVI. Mismeasure of Man
Context for this filter:
- B. CONCEPT ACQUISITION
- The abuse of science for social and political ends is exacerbated by confirmation bias and badging.
- Cautionary Quotes: Mistakes, Misconceptions, & Misunderstandings
- "Looking historically at the usage of science by the Nazi regime or by colonial anthropologist to justify the superiority of a given race should serve as a caution to never analyse human beings' behaviour and mental faculties using science"
- C. CONCEPT APPLICATION
- Identify examples in which there exists the potential for abuse of science for social and political ends.
- Explain how confirmation biases and badging can exacerbate the abuse of science for social and political ends in particular cases.
- Distinguish legitimate inquiry into human groups from bad science.